Thread: Where is the best place to buy silver uk?

Default Where is the best place to buy silver uk?

Hi all
    Just wondering wheres the best place to buy silver wire or sheet? Or is it best to melt it down myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the equipment then melting and forming yourself is the way to go, make what you want when you want it
    Last edited by china; 12-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.

If you buy sheet and wire from a bullion dealer, you have a guarantee of metal quality, if you melt and form it yourself you don't. Also bear in mind the time it takes to melt and prepare silver for use, if you intend making a living from making items then time is money.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    If you buy sheet and wire from a bullion dealer, you have a guarantee of metal quality, if you melt and form it yourself you don't. Also bear in mind the time it takes to melt and prepare silver for use, if you intend making a living from making items then time is money.

James
    Many thanks yes I intent on hopefully selling my items. Do you know if any reputable bullion dealers? And what sort of price range? I know this can vary

Bullion prices, and wire and sheet prices, change almost by the minute as they are tied to spot prices which are volatile.
    Betts metals is reputable. They have sales too
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

It is a good idea to check all suppliers to get the best price, I just checked, Euromounts, Betts and Cookson to compare prices and at this time Cookson is offering the best prices per gram for silver sheet. Most thicknesses are offered at under 80 pence per gram including VAT. Euromounts cost is 90 pence per gram and Betts is £1.30 per gram.

James

Ok that's great. Thank you for all your help x

I find that generally Cooksons is best o spot price for bullion....flat sheet, wire, etc,....but rarely so for findings and ring blanks....certainly worth checking around those already mentioned.