Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jewellery wot other folk have made...

Default Jewellery wot other folk have made...

Do you wear it or do you only stick to stuff you've made yourselves?

D'you know what - I very rarely wear jewellery at all any more other than my wedding and engagement ring. Isn't that ironic given that a few years ago I would drape myself like a bloody Christmas tree! I have been thinking that I should start wearing my own jewellery tho
    Di x

Ooooo, my mis-spelling of what doesn't look as hilarious and adorable as it sounded in my head. Ummm.....balls

LOL - I often do that. I write as I speak but, without me actually being there sometimes it just makes me sound thick - which I'm truly not
    Di x

In short, a mixture of both!

I have a christening bracelet I have had since I was 7 from my grandparents and have worn it almost every day since I was 16!
    I have a Gold wishbone bracelet which is 16 carat, cost me £16 on my 16th birthday... also from my Grandparents
    I also have a VERY expensive charm bracelet which as a gift from my parents as I had always coveted my mothers as hers is beautiful
    I also have a few odds and sods I had bought before I got into jewellery making and also some rather expensive pieces I rescued from scrap dealers at antiques fairs when I used to do them with my parents!

Now, of course it is mostly stuff I have made but then I go through periods where I wear absolutely no jewellery at all... but that ain't good business

I wear a mixture, though quite a bit of my own. I do regularly wear my old wedding and engagement ring on the other hand, because I like them so much, and they're the most expensive pieces that I own. If I see something I could/would make myself, I generally wont buy it, but I am quite happy to buy something that I wouldn't make, as in different style/type of jewellery or that is out of my skill set.
    Last edited by agent_44; 14-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Lucinda

I dont have many pieces to wear yet, but i generally wear gifts to me in the meantime
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I wear my wedding, engagement and 'me' ring. Also a diamond solitaire on a chain round my neck and a watch. On my right hand (when it's not velcro'd up!) I wear one of my maille rings and a little silver and gold ring OH gave me for my 30th birthday.

Then I wear my own stuff - always at least one bracelet and usually a dangly pendant of some sort. If I wear earrings, they're pretty much always my own (other than some more diamonds )

I very rarely buy jewellery, but when I do it's likely to be from someone who makes it themselves. Unless I'm at home in the Caribbean, when the bling shops sometimes catch me!

For the last 30ish years I have worn very little jewellery except my wedding and engagement rings. I did have a lovely opal pendant, some gold earrings and some stuff of my grandmother's but they got stolen when our house was broken into and they were all sentimental and pretty much irreplaceable. I wore very little while my kids were growing up, and anyway, I liked the look of silver best but couldn't wear it without it going black almost instantly so it wasn't worth buying it!! So it has only been since I have been making my own stuff from fine silver that I wear anything....and now I wear 4 silver rings, 2 chain bracelets and 2 different length chain necklaces all the time - day and night - and earrings during the day. Ostensibly to check that a new design is wearable - but really because I like it!! I hardly take any of it off for anything so I garden in it - do woodwork in it - decorate in it and everything else!! People say that fine silver is too soft for making jewellery but I can now dispute that. My designs are tough!! ...and I wear them with pride and as an advertisement for what I do!

I'm hopeless - hardly wear any jewellery. If I do it's usually a ring.
    If I'm in a blingy mood I'll wear a white gold, diamond and 5 carat blue topaz ring. I could gaze into that stone for hours.