Thread: Hello from Worcestershire

Default Hello from Worcestershire

Hi everyone

My name is Jamie and I have decided to start Jewellery making.

My mother has made jewellery for 20 years mostly for family etc but she has collected lots of lovely strands over the years. Unfortunately she is far to ill to create any more so instead of selling everything off I have decided to try and make some things.
    I am just trying to work out what medium to use. I love symmetry but I'm also a suckered for more organic pieces.

Maybe seed beading with my eyes closed of something..

Anyway, I thought I'd say hi and hope to speak and share thoughts with yourselves soon!!

Hi Jamie Jack,
    Sorry to hear about your mum. Is it mostly seed beads she has been collecting? I was given boxes of them a while ago. Thought I would try them on a bead loom.

Hi, not really, she has enough to keep me going for sometime though. The strands that she has are relatively high end tanzanite, aquamarines and the like. My plan is to go through them with her and work out some pricess and sell on to buy more equipment. Are you allowed to develop stash on here (destash is a term used by my mother)

I've only ever seen been looms work on YouTube.

My loom has been sitting in the cupboard for a long time. Made 'Navajo' style bands for my kids a long time ago. I have bought destash stones from people on Etsy. Might give you a wide audience.