Thread: Rose gold tube

Question Rose gold tube

I am desperately seeking a small piece of rose gold tube to mount a 2.55mm diamond. None of the bullion dealers in the UK has any and the very few who did are out with no intention of stocking it again. I'd make some but am concerned that there'd be a conspicuously yellower mark due to solder colour warnings. Does anyone know a supplier or have some tube they'd sell me? I could draw it down if necessary. The client has his heart set on rose gold and CADIing such a tiny component seems excessive. Many thanks.

Sorry don't know any stockists, but if things get desperate how about drilling out a bit of wire.
    It would be wasteful and fiddly and would probably make you swear.
    Then you also have the 'one mans rose gold is another mans red gold is anothers pink gold' issue

I make bezels in rose gold often, just done a 3mm one this week actually.
    If you get your joint tight enough there won't be a yellow line

And I do swear at the least provocation.

Betts metals have red gold tubing listed. However you did not say what carat: https://www.bettsmetalsales.com/p-Tube-10mm-Od/1523/09R

I placed an order with Betts and initially they said yes, then they phoned to say they haven't a scrap of any carat and do not intend to stock it again.

I am going to make some tube and hope it's okay.

The rose gold tube worked perfectly well, despite my horror at how yellow the solder really was. There is no evidence of a yellow mark when I cut through the tube and any on the outside polishes away easily. Thank you enigma for pushing.

Great result , did you swear in the process? LOL
    I actually don't use red gold solder anymore, its almost as yellow as the yellow gold so I just use that now.