Thread: university challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default university challenge

Hello everyone

following my house move, things went a little pear with the studio in the garden due to house needing urgent unforeseen repairs. After sorting out my house, I felt that there was enough space to create a studio there, thus saving a lot of much needed funds. Not totally ideal, but it will be so good to have done. In all of that, being busy and a little poorly (much better most days) I decided to try again for a Uni course. Living in the deepest darkest part of Wiltshire (even with said house move) Finding somewhere that is commutable has been an issue - until, I discovered Farnham University and their courses.

I applied, had my interview yesterday and have been offered a place (paperwork to follow!). I really did want to say that at 52 it isn't too late, this forum really helped me leap forward with what I do. Discussions, ideas, feedback and of course the monthly competitions. The latter have helped with focus and the offered rewards of winning provided much needed resources too. This is my second career and I love it - but needed something to add to it. Farnham have a part time 2 year MA that will work very well for me and will have many challenges ahead.

I start in September and haven't stopped grinning since yesterday.

I think also if you are older, and have the spare time you will willingly learn. Not like a lot of kids who have to stay in education until 18! I learned in the university of life and by being curious.
    Vern

Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    I think also if you are older, and have the spare time you will willingly learn. Not like a lot of kids who have to stay in education until 18! I learned in the university of life and by being curious.
    Vern
    More of a what I want to add to what I do type of thing - any time away, is a problem with a sole-trader business, but this is important. I have other areas of education in a subject much different to this. Life has many lessons, as the saying roughly goes "every day is a school day" - guessing that for anyone else their own set of circumstances will lead their direction?
    Last edited by Wallace; 08-03-2017 at 02:55 PM.

That's fantastic news Wallace - I'm smiling for you too!! I have no doubt you'll do brilliantly

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    That's fantastic news Wallace - I'm smiling for you too!! I have no doubt you'll do brilliantly
    yay! many thanks G, you are so fab xx

Smile

Congratulations and how exciting.
    50/+ must be a good age for decisions as I came back into making when I hit it. I decided that if I didn't do it in this lifetime, I certainly wouldn't get another chance and love every minute of it.