Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: university challenge

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You will just love Farnham, Wallace. Don't forget to join the students union and get discounts everywhere. Good luck, Dennis.
    oh, yes, Thank you Dennis - will get that sorted

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    You'll have a blast. Farnham is lovely (although I did my degree in Film and video there a rather frightening 20 years ago. Blimey). Well done again, brilliant!
    It was amazing to look around. There is a lot of hand created things there, a little bit for computer works, but mostly I only saw design things. I hope it does me well, as it has yourself xx many thanks Lydia xxxx

That's excellent news Wallace! You're an inspiration to others. I take my hat off to you and wish you lots of good times with your M.A.

Sounds wonderful, exciting times for you. I must say, I embarked on this silversmithing adventure just a few years ago, when my youngest started uni - and am loving every minute of it, I'm 54 now and wished Id started years ago. Wish I could go to uni too, but its not possible, so I'll just cheer you on, if that's ok!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    That's excellent news Wallace! You're an inspiration to others. I take my hat off to you and wish you lots of good times with your M.A.
    Thank you very much Tim Hope it gives hope, there is something out there

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    Sounds wonderful, exciting times for you. I must say, I embarked on this silversmithing adventure just a few years ago, when my youngest started uni - and am loving every minute of it, I'm 54 now and wished Id started years ago. Wish I could go to uni too, but its not possible, so I'll just cheer you on, if that's ok!
    Oooh yes, please do, may flag now and again! I would have loved to have started years ago, but my previous job was very important to me, but having been able to take redundancy to make a go of this, it seems just the best way forward now. I started this as a side- line after an injury in my 40's and haven't looked back. I am hoping to teach more too. Love doing that too

I'm excited for your Wallace. It sounds like a wonderful new challenge and an excellent way to meet new and creative people. What's wonderful about a place like Farnham is that you can rope other students in to give your projects an extra dimension and learn other skills on top of those directly related to your course. I am a little envious. Maybe in 10yrs time I'll consider doing the same but at the moment work and family commitments come first. Grinning for you though!

Sooo looking forwards to seeing your progress Wallace!! Enjoy, you will be the creative star I have no doubt