Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: university challenge

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default university challenge

Hello everyone

following my house move, things went a little pear with the studio in the garden due to house needing urgent unforeseen repairs. After sorting out my house, I felt that there was enough space to create a studio there, thus saving a lot of much needed funds. Not totally ideal, but it will be so good to have done. In all of that, being busy and a little poorly (much better most days) I decided to try again for a Uni course. Living in the deepest darkest part of Wiltshire (even with said house move) Finding somewhere that is commutable has been an issue - until, I discovered Farnham University and their courses.

I applied, had my interview yesterday and have been offered a place (paperwork to follow!). I really did want to say that at 52 it isn't too late, this forum really helped me leap forward with what I do. Discussions, ideas, feedback and of course the monthly competitions. The latter have helped with focus and the offered rewards of winning provided much needed resources too. This is my second career and I love it - but needed something to add to it. Farnham have a part time 2 year MA that will work very well for me and will have many challenges ahead.

I start in September and haven't stopped grinning since yesterday.

I think also if you are older, and have the spare time you will willingly learn. Not like a lot of kids who have to stay in education until 18! I learned in the university of life and by being curious.
    Vern

Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    I think also if you are older, and have the spare time you will willingly learn. Not like a lot of kids who have to stay in education until 18! I learned in the university of life and by being curious.
    Vern
    More of a what I want to add to what I do type of thing - any time away, is a problem with a sole-trader business, but this is important. I have other areas of education in a subject much different to this. Life has many lessons, as the saying roughly goes "every day is a school day" - guessing that for anyone else their own set of circumstances will lead their direction?
    Last edited by Wallace; 08-03-2017 at 02:55 PM.

That's fantastic news Wallace - I'm smiling for you too!! I have no doubt you'll do brilliantly

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    That's fantastic news Wallace - I'm smiling for you too!! I have no doubt you'll do brilliantly
    yay! many thanks G, you are so fab xx

Smile

Congratulations and how exciting.
    50/+ must be a good age for decisions as I came back into making when I hit it. I decided that if I didn't do it in this lifetime, I certainly wouldn't get another chance and love every minute of it.

That's brilliant Wallace - well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Wales View Post
    Congratulations and how exciting.
    50/+ must be a good age for decisions as I came back into making when I hit it. I decided that if I didn't do it in this lifetime, I certainly wouldn't get another chance and love every minute of it.
    must be! hehehe many thanks Anna xx

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    That's brilliant Wallace - well done!
    aww, many thanks Lauren, still smiling xx hehehe

You will just love Farnham, Wallace. Don't forget to join the students union and get discounts everywhere. Good luck, Dennis.

You'll have a blast. Farnham is lovely (although I did my degree in Film and video there a rather frightening 20 years ago. Blimey). Well done again, brilliant!