Thanks all for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Failing a reply here, you might consider joining http://www.atthebench.com/ to see product reviews before buying expensive equipment.

As far as I know you need only do so for a month at a cost of £15. Both the above are listed. Dennis.
Dennis - Thanks. I'm on a rolling subscription with Andrew Berry and have seen the demo of the Pepe bender. In the back of my mind he also used the Durston for one of his projects but I cant remember which so I'll have a good trawl till I find it.

[QUOTE][/I'm not sure it's as simple as that. If you click on any of the Pepe rolling mills on Suttons' site you get the following message:

"Carriage - n.b. This item is heavy and is normally shipped by pallet which incurs a shipping surcharge. Please contact the sales team who will be able to quote shipping to your delivery address."

You don't get this message with any of the Durston products including their heaviest mill. I could be wrong but it looks to me like some of the Pepe stuff is not in stock with Suttons but is imported on demand.QUOTE] (Sorry! still struggle to get the quote bubbles after switching to advanced mode!)

I think Betts (Suttons) do hold some Pepe stock but maybe not all. They actually advertise free delivery for orders over £100 via Royal Mail but I'm not sure if that would apply to heavier items which may go by another courier service. The Pepe bender doesnt carry the same Carriage note as the heavy mills although I guess it would be around 4-5 kg. If I find out more I'll post on this thread

Judging by your responses and my own research it seems that both companies offer high quality products so I guess its down to price, availability and any slight variation advantages such as the fact that the Durston bender appears to have a set of carrying handles which may be useful. Both units offer additional cost Delrin dies but the Pepe one also offers Delrin post forms as well although I couldn't envisage using the posts much.

PS - If you look at the Pepe website the similarity of some equipment such as ring stretchers is too much to be coincidence. Is it plagiarism or manufacturing under licence and who did the initial design??