Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepe vs Durston

Default Pepe vs Durston

Does anyone know if there is much difference between Pepe and Durston equipment quality wise?
    Some of their items look suspiciously similar and in the case of ring stretchers, identical.

Specifically I am looking at their sheet sheet metal/wire benders but may be looking at other stuff in the future

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...rcode-999-7162

http://pepetools.com/ring-tools/supe...g-bending-tool.

Failing a reply here, you might consider joining http://www.atthebench.com/ to see product reviews before buying expensive equipment.

As far as I know you need only do so for a month at a cost of £15. Both the above are listed. Dennis.

I can't speak for all their products, although I have the Pepe rolling mill and it is excellent quality, plus it was for me in Australia less than half the price of the Durston, I have not abused it but I have given it a work out, a friend in Canada has the Pepe ring stretcher/reducer again it was considerably less cost and is excellent quality also.
    I have heard on the grape vine that some Durston products are copies of Pepe products "Take note the following my opinion and my opinion only" I beleive that while Durston is of high quality and is a institution in the industry some of their products are way over priced.

Personally speaking, I'd order the Durston product because its British made and their products are of very high quality. I've several pieces of their equipment and its superb.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Personally speaking, I'd order the Durston product because its British made and their products are of very high quality. I've several pieces of their equipment and its superb.

Nick
    I only have Durston as they are British and can't comment on Pepe. Are Pepe easily bought in the UK? I have a Swastrom disc cutter (excellent) as Durston didn't have one on the market then. They do seem to keep on producing new products all the time, even work benches now and I've found their after sales is a bit slow, lax even and very lacking in product description and spec. I think they are a bit expensive but can't fault their rolling mill, I think it's their best product

I have the Pepe version and I am pleased with it. I have been eyeing the Durston products for a while and may purchase something from them as they look like a good product. The overall design of this type of bender is excellent as you look down on the jewellery with full control and precision. I have used mine extensively and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Are Pepe easily bought in the UK?
    That's the main problem, Caroline; they're not, so for Brits it's Durston or nothing for some things. Having the choice (one day) would be nice.

Sutton Tools are stockists of Pepe Tools I believe.

Nick

Yes they are Nick.

https://www.bettsmetalsales.com/search-results/ But you have to put the words into their search box

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Sutton Tools are stockists of Pepe Tools I believe.

Nick
    I'm not sure it's as simple as that. If you click on any of the Pepe rolling mills on Suttons' site you get the following message:

"Carriage - n.b. This item is heavy and is normally shipped by pallet which incurs a shipping surcharge. Please contact the sales team who will be able to quote shipping to your delivery address."

You don't get this message with any of the Durston products including their heaviest mill. I could be wrong but it looks to me like some of the Pepe stuff is not in stock with Suttons but is imported on demand.