Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dual Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    I enquired about this some time ago......there are levels of pricing, from 1-4 if I remember correctly, (1 being joe public price to 4 being ACJ discount price, I think GOJD as well now), then there is also a credit account, for which you get charged a premium for the 'credit'.....often referred to as a 'trade account', which was not at all what I was expecting
    That's completely mad, if you have a trade account with a company then you get discounts not charges :/

Isn't it!! I think they 'justify' it on the 'credit' aspect

Point 1.4 of the credit account application form may have something to do with it:
    "Unless otherwise stated, the price quoted is an illustrative estimate only, and the price charged will be our price current at the time of delivery".

I do not have a credit account.
    Logged out I see £468 ex VAT.
    Logged in I see £468 ex VAT when the initial search shows the item as an icon in a list of others ranked by keyword.
    If I click on the item to go to the individual item page I see (thanks to GOJD membership) £397.80 ex VAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzby View Post
    And Cookson are telling me that as an account customer I pay more than if I paid on Credit/Debit Card.
    Could you elaborate on that? Are you saying you've spoken to someone at Cookson and this is what they told you? If so, did you ask how the surcharge is calculated, and, just as importantly, how it's justified? I would have. I'd have thought paying a surcharge only happened if you didn't settle your account or at least make the minimum payment on it by a certain date.

Dumb question here but how do I get my GOJD members discount? , Ive been a member for ages but didn't realise I could get discount at cooksons

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    Could you elaborate on that? Are you saying you've spoken to someone at Cookson and this is what they told you? If so, did you ask how the surcharge is calculated, and, just as importantly, how it's justified? I would have. I'd have thought paying a surcharge only happened if you didn't settle your account or at least make the minimum payment on it by a certain date.
    Tabby said much the same thing Mark when she enquired a while back

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Tabby said much the same thing Mark when she enquired a while back
    Sorry, Caroline; I've only just seen that. I'm not yet used to viewing pages on an i-Pad and I think I often miss things.

It looks as if Cookson operate as credit providers where this is requested and the buyer pays heavily for the privilege.

Sarah, to get your GOJD discount with Cookson you have to give them your membership details and ask them to update your account on their system. They will tell you it takes about a week for the necessary changes to be made; you'll know it has been when you start seeing the relevant items automatically discounted at the relevant rates. If you don't see the GOJD discount on an item once it's in your basket, it probably means their system hasn't yet registered your account for the discount and you need to contact them again!

Drop an email to Alan or Jayne, she contacts Cooksons for you and get's it added to your account. I think she just needs your Cooksons account number Sarah

Once it's done there should be GOJD beside your name on your acccount details too