Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Pricing

Well, following my post at 4.15 this morning, I have just repeated the exercise, just short of payment, as I I did not want them charging me.

I do not have an account, but usually log on and pay by card. Below is a snip of where I got to and normally a card fee
    follows. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture signed in.jpg  

...and £468 excl VAT for the 2.75l, logged in or out

Quote Originally Posted by angmc View Post
    When you say account customer do you mean you buy the items and then get invoiced for them and maybe have 30 days credit? Or do you just mean a login/out account? I've just looked and the price for the Elma ultrasonic was £988 whether I'm logged in or not.
    Yes on 30 day account.

So it would appear they charge you extra for having an account. No other supplier does this.

If this is a business decision that Cookson have made, it should at the very least be transparent to give us a choice.

It does seem very odd. What's the point in having account in that case. Certainly not worth the 30 day credit period when you compare the prices.

It seems contrary to any other business where you are more likely to get discount if you are an account holder

I think it may be a problem with their website. When I just looked at prices before I got the different pricing when logged in and not. I tried again, logged in and still got the price of £500.76+vat for that ultrasonic quoted, but this time when I added it to my basket for possible purchase, then the price reduced to £468+vat, with no explanation as to why the price changed. I also noticed that when logged in, I get cheaper quoted Kilo prices for silver sheet than when not logged in.

James

How odd!

I pay by card on ordering so no credit account.
    Im still getting the same prices whether logged in or not.
    definitely need an answer from Cooksons on this one.

Yesterday when I phoned though, after giving my account number they did quote me £500.76 so they were going to charge me the higher price.

Instead I paid by card, used my GOJD discount and paid £397 +vat

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    How odd!

I pay by card on ordering so no credit account.
    Im still getting the same prices whether logged in or not.
    definitely need an answer from Cooksons on this one.
    Same here.I assumed that there was a joe public price and a trade price for business buyers.

I enquired about this some time ago......there are levels of pricing, from 1-4 if I remember correctly, (1 being joe public price to 4 being ACJ discount price, I think GOJD as well now), then there is also a credit account, for which you get charged a premium for the 'credit'.....often referred to as a 'trade account', which was not at all what I was expecting