Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jewelers saw blade (dumb question, really)

Quote Originally Posted by -Sally- View Post
    BurningKrome - here's a link to using a jeweller's saw - it might help you:
    http://www.fdjtool.com/custom.aspx?id=117

Thank you Dennis and James for the info on sorting my sawblades - but I'm with Caroline now!

After getting over the initial great distress of having mixed all the different brands and sizes of blades I was part way through comparing - to discover my nirvana of saw blade choices, I realised it cuts out an entire frustrating thought/conversion process of thinking that say a 2/0 should be the right blade for the job, loading it up and then deciding it doesn't feel quite right, then going through the process with a 3/0 and a 4/0 etc.

Now, I pick out a blade and look at it, decide if I need to aim for a skinnier or thicker one - and cut out the whole irritation of the theoretically correct grade blade not being the right one.
    For me, ignorance is bliss (possibly not exactly bliss, but a pleasanter feeling than irritation).

Sally
    My OH has always been anadvocate of the idea that it you say something with enough conviction then people will believe it to be true. That was a really good attempt Sally

Well think on this:

There's a saw blade manufacturer I know and his son needs to be privately educated. His daughter is at an expensive finishing school in Switzerland and his wife is pushing for a new fur coat.

I's only due to the rise in broken saw blades, that he manages to get by. Dennis.

Well Dennis that makes me feel much better, now every time I break blade instead of shouting a few expletives I will just happy to know I furthering some one's fancy life style

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Well Dennis that makes me feel much better, now every time I break blade instead of shouting a few expletives I will just happy to know I furthering some one's fancy life style
    I think that every time I buy something from Durston that ends up with a frustrating hair pulling out session with Matthew. I love to look at his skiing holidays on their FB page or be told can this wait intil after my Xmas break? Of course, that's what we're here for!

My OH has always been anadvocate of the idea that it you say something with enough conviction then people will believe it to be true. That was a really good attempt Sally
    :P

Sally

Quote Originally Posted by -Sally- View Post
    :P

Sally
    Still think we are happiest Sally! I'm usually a perfectionist but test tubes would be a step too far for me but then you haven't seen the state of my bench once I start working

Hi Joella, I've ordered a load of plastic test tubes. Might have to pass the spares on to classmates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saw-blades.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	9977

Or if you're a pleb like me, you can use an old pesto jar

Ohh! That's rather clever.

I copied it, from pinterest I think.