Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yipee Yay!!!

I suppose it depends what stones you use but I have never had a problem having items laser marked after setting stones.
    Why have you not soldered the links?

Well, I'm rather red faced now, because embarrassingly I have to confess that I haven't soldered the links because I was nervous of the solder spreading too far up and the links sticking to the sides of the bezels, and then not being able to push the bezels over the stones properly, and generally making a pigs ear of it. The links are made from .8 thick and about 4mm wide rectangular wire so it's quite sturdy. Perhaps I should solder them, I don't want the assay office to say they all need hallmarking separately! I'm using little 7 x 5mm pink coral cabs.

I would not dream of soldering the links, Sue. They are quite strong and just need bending accurately, so that the ends have no gaps. This will harden them sufficiently.

I had not thought about the hallmarking issue, but if you are not selling it, why bother? Dennis.

Ah ok, in that case I wouldn't worry about it, Im pretty sure its not an issue with hallmarking.
    As Dennis says if you aren't selling it why bother to hallmark?
    If you are I would personally do it before setting the stones just to be on the safe side although I wouldn't have thought there should be a problem.

Thanks both, so much
    I'd like the option to sell it, but if it doesn't sell, it's not the end of the world, as I do rather like it myself. I'd like to get it hallmarked anyway, just because SO much effort has gone into this thing, and, in truth, I haven't had anything hallmarked yet, and I can't wait to get a few bits done - I have a few bangles waiting to go off too.
    Thanks for all the help and advice
    Sue

Hi Joella, Worth getting it hallmarked just to see your mark on something. Look forward to seeing it.