Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tourmaline Ring

Beautiful!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Really nice looking ring, so a big thumbs up from me too. Cracking job.

Nick

Very lovely, the setting really shows off the beautiful stone. This one definitely falls into the category of covetable!

Stunning work - how long have you making jewellery?

Gorgeous ring! I love the asymmetric design, the way the band tapers, and the cutout setting.

One question, looks like you cut the shank out of a strip that was already hallmarked? If ever I send a strip to hallmarking I tend to get it back not marked, they don't seem too happy about doing that. Only time I've got away with that has been with a strip for a cuff that I had marked to say it wasn't going to be soldered but just shaped and finished.

Carin
    Last edited by camalidesign; 18-02-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

Thanks again. Teresa, about 20 years with periods of higher and lower activity.

Camalidesign, I stamped the shank myself. Not sure what you mean "sending it away for hallmarking"? The hallmarking laws may be different here in Canada? I can hallmark as long as I can be certain of the purity. If I am not, I don't stamp it. Most of my gold is refined from a reputable company and I am certain on the gold purity so it is not an issue. I usually buy alloyed casting grain to melt down when working in gold. There are penalties here if someone is caught selling inaccurate products not to mention your reputation will rarely recover.

I would be interested in someone replying with a summary of the laws in Europe.
    Last edited by Goldsmithing; 19-02-2017 at 12:29 AM.