Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough diamond

Default Rough diamond

A small cubed natural rough diamond held with four claws
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170209_223201.jpg   20170209_223409.jpg  

Can I ask where you bought the diamond please.
    I've been on the lookout but have only found tiny drilled rough diamonds.
    What size is it
    Oh, and nice piece and all that girly stuff

Something different very appealing

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    Oh, and nice piece and all that girly stuff
    It's traditional in show and tell to post a compliment and spare any criticism unless specifically asked, so lets all be girly together.
    I think what is special about your piece is the contrast between the well rendered gold work and the roughness of the diamond.

However it would be nice to have a back story. Are you a bench trained professional, who has been doing this for years, or an amateur who has only just reached this stage of expertise?

Also when you turn your pendant into a necklace, will you use a ready made chain? How will you address the bane of necklaces with this kind of bail, where the fastener will quickly work its way to the front in use, and spoil the effect? Dennis.

Hi. The stone is approx 5-6mm. I just typed in rough diamond loose into eBay and there is plenty of them.

Thanks for the comment.

Philip

There are plenty of uncut lumps of rough out there. I spent happy hours sorting through washing up bowls full of lumps of ruby and amethyst at the last Hong Kong show to find a couple of 'pairs' of each. The rather bemused dealer's only comment as he weighed my small bits was 'we usually sell this by the kilo...'
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I really like that Philip - the stone is very cool.

Hello Dennis.
    Thanks for the comment and I apologise for the lack of information posted. This was my first post on show and tell with hopefully more to follow, with more information!
    I retired from the police and started tinkering with jewellery making about two years ago now.
    Again sorry for the basic post, my forum etiquette needs a little sharpening.

I love this Philip, the roughness of the texture of the diamond is really interesting - very tactile.

Haha Pearlescence, that's really funny. Strange how this sort of thing makes us all look completely insane to others! So jealous of your visits to the Hong Kong show though, must be wonderful.

Sue