Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowering the tone!

Default Lowering the tone!

After Dennis's wonderful golden eyed fish, I am lowering the tone a bit with the following offerings!

Firstly, thank you so much Dennis for the help and advice you gave me a while ago re construction brick cufflinks. They turned out well, and the happy recipient sent pics showing that his little figures even fitted, so well that they didn't even fall off when upside down:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	9869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0403.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	9870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	9871

And here's a pic of a dove of peace pendant made for xmas

Name:	IMG_1951.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	9872

And a few bangles

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	9873

Also, from the sublime of Dennis's golden eye fish, to the utterly ridiculous: currently in the midst of the mother of all battles - trying to achieve a box clasp

Name:	IMG_0691.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	9874
    Aaaaargh! ........time to walk away and come back later, when more relaxed - hahaha

Not lowering the tone at all, some very nice work!
    Im particularly impressed by the cufflinks that the figures sit on, how cool

Sue if all our suffering were placed end to end it would encircle the world. I think your cufflinks and bangles are splendid. Never put yourself down. Dennis.

OMG those cufflinks are so cool - Lego has been around for over 80 years and will never go out of fashion. Great stuff. Love the cuffs too - are they rolled or etched? x

Love the cufflinks! Just think of how many little lego things you could wear!

The texturing on the bangles is beautiful too

Faith

Thank you Sarah, I was chuffed when the figures actually fitted - and stayed on, I was just going for as neater job as possible with the little sticky up bits of tube not looking out of position, so well pleased with the result. How are your interlocking bangles going? Any pics yet?

Thank you Dennis, I think I could encircle the world several times on my own - haha, but the funny thing is that even though its exasperating and frustrating - its so addictive, and so easy to slide into obsession! (my family think I need an intervention and rehab) Thanks for your words of encouragement and support, and its lovely to see your beautiful work, it spurs me on to try harder!

Thank you Pickle, all but one of the cuffs are textured with rolling papers (Etsy, from Canada -so comes in an ordinary letter envelope (so no extra costs) with a lovely Canadian stamp on too!) The bottom bangle is just hammered ofcourse.

Thank you Faith, Yes I hope the reciepient will have fun with all the little lego options, he's my daughters partner, and I'm sure he wont miss any opportunity to play with his lego, even though he's 25!

Wow - I had no idea you could buy rolling papers - brilliant - I feel a shopping spree coming on....! I've only used my rolling mill twice (ebay bargain) - tend to keep it away from the damp. cold workshop so it doesn't rust. 1st pic is a ring rolled with tangerine netting. 2nd pic is crochet done by a girl's great grandmother.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140604_203850.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	9880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140827_205758.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	9881

Oohs lovely pics, pickle. A rolling mill is definitely one of the tools I would love to own, but for now I am lucky enough to be able to use one at a class I go to once a week. The papers are from MetalDesignz, there's loads of different patterns, personally I find the smaller patterns are the most useful ones for me, less waste metal. Skeleton leaves are great and I have used wedding favour laser cuts from amazon too, and bits of lace, all sorts of things really. At the class we have to wrap everything in thin card before putting through the mill, just to ensure no damage or debris, and ofcourse nothing that's harder than the steel rolls.

I haven't started the bangles yet Joella, they are about 8 weeks work away atm but I shall definitely post pics when I do thanks for asking

Im a fan of Metaldesignz papers too, I used a lovely bird one on a bangle I made and was really pleased with the result- and so easy to do!

Love the ring Pickle!