Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand jewellery and ear cuffs

Default Hand jewellery and ear cuffs

Hi all, I feel as though it's ages since I posted on the forum - so thought I'd dip a toe back in by asking about new fangled things like ear cuffs and hand jewellery (that goes round your palm instead of wrist) and combined ring and bracelets and double rings etc. Wondered if any of you make them, and what you think about them, whether it's a flash in the pan or here to stay. I love the look of the adornements that you sometimes see that fall over shoulders, so more a shoulder lace than necklace. But although I love the look of some of the hand adornements I would have thought the likelihood of getting caught up on things is quite high......or maybe that's just a clumsy clot like me!

I've worn ear cuffs since the 80s as I've never had my ears pierced so it is a way of adorning my ears I love them and now make my own - they are so easy to make and comfy to wear. Not sure about the palm jewellery as it does seem impracticable but am a fan of upper finger rings as I have wide fingers so it's a good way of wearing rings for me. xxx

That's interesting Pickle, is there such a thing as standard sizes for these things - or do you just work it out with trial and error?

Hi Joella, I must admit I cheated to start with and just tried to replicate cheap ones (you can pick them up for a couple of quid from ebay). Then, once I got the hang of it, I was able to make my own designs and build on the basic models. The simplest of cuffs need no soldering - just some wire and good pliers. You could practice through trial and error with copper wire maybe?

Pictures would be nice.

That's what I was going to say Dennis as they aren't something I'm familiar with

I will try and dig out some pics of ear cuffs I have made. I love them, but they aren't a good look on me (my grandfather blessed me with his taxi cab door ears ��)

Hey Dennis and Caroline and Joella - I will add some of my cuff pics when I get home. It really is a fashion thing and (although fashion changes) you can always find examples of silver plated or "gold plated" ones in Claire's or Topshop - they are the main people who are up there with the trends. And new look apparently.

Hi Lydia - that is why I didn't get my ears pierced!! Elephants R us xx

I meant to add you on my post Lydia x