Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the beast

He just needs to see that you'll make money out of it in the end. That's my hubby's motivation. Works wonders!

do we share the same families?? lol he says hes ok about the money i have spent and then moans to my sons and everyone lol I know he wants me to sell stuff, but i am terrified and i only have a couple of pieces. I know i should sell my candles and stuff more actively too, but i just run from it, even tho i am over the moon if someone wants one.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I just called my husband over to look at it and even he went "woaah, lucky b**** - you'd never emerge if you had one of those to escape to and play in."

It looks totally fabulous - as someone else said - that's my dream workshop made real. I'd have a third area with photography gear and computers too - and in an ideal world, a little reception/display area to receive potential customers too.

Well done, it looks amazing.

Little acorns Su. That's where I was a few years back. It's surprising how your confidence grows, the more you do. I started out in the spare bedroom with just a little table and a tiny kit. My studio and kit has been bought entirely with money I've made on making jewellery, so you see it is possible.

yes i always put any money made from the craftng straight back in but i have definately used savings for setting up the jewellery tools, although my tumbler will be paid back this week when i deliver the candles to the bike rally, getting my stuff ut there is definately gonna be my biggest hurdle
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Little acorns Su. That's where I was a few years back. It's surprising how your confidence grows, the more you do. I started out in the spare bedroom with just a little table and a tiny kit. My studio and kit has been bought entirely with money I've made on making jewellery, so you see it is possible.
    Carole, as somebody who has made a success of her business, how about a little write up of how you got where you are today? I'm not thinking in terms of book-length or anything, just something that will show worriers and self-doubters that, despite the obstacles, it is possible.
    Di x

Oh that would be wonderful xx

Love the workshop Carole now i want to see it messy like it is in real life lol

Blimey Di! How do you gauge success? I only feel I'm halfway to where I'd like to be. I've still got so much more to learn.

There's not much to tell. I started off doing evening classes for several years and then it all turned into an obsession, which from reading everyone else's posts, is common. I did my first craft fair one Christmas and found that I actually sold quite a lot so continued to do them. I gave up my part time job 3 years ago to concentrate on jewellery making and now work harder than ever.

My biggest break was when I started selling with Notonthehighstreet. They were in their infancy then and as one of their first jewellers, I've always managed to be one of their best sellers, so they promote my work in their brochures. I've also done some higher end craft fairs which raises the profile.

The answer really is to believe in yourself and keep aiming higher. I don't think I'll ever think my work is good enough, which is no bad thing really as I don't get complacent.

That's all I wanted! And, yes, in terms of some folk on here you are successful. Just think back to those early days - did you ever imagine you would be in the position you're in now? No, course you didn't - all things are relative, see.

And, from my point of view - the minute you think you know it all is the minute to give up - whatever venture you're involved in.

I think your stuff is beautiful - delicate and beautifully crafted and, for somebody who couldn't do delicate if her life depended on it, that's aspirational
    Di x