Thread: Hello from the west Midlands

Lightbulb Hello from the west Midlands

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for quite a while, it's amazing how much information there is here & on the web.

I've been stringing, wire working, & (sheet) pewtering for a couple of years - but when a bead shop that I had popped into turned out to be running a silver smithing day workshop, I could fight the urge no longer.... but I came away with a wearable piece (so long as nobody looks at it too closely). Yup, I'm hooked.

Since then, the ultrasonic cleaner has livened up my existing silver jewellery; the pickle jar (aka the crock pot not used in in over a year) pickled the 2nd piece made in the workshop; and the barrel roller is busily cleaning the shot.
    The saw, blades, silver & copper await me figuring out where to fit a workbench as opposed to a table top.

The soldering kit is due next week. (please imagine an icon for abject terror)

At which point I have far more questions than answers than I find on tinternet, so I'm hoping the kind folks here can help a little. I promise to try not to inundate you all.

Best wishes, Hal

That's alright Hall, answering questions is what we try to do here. Best not spend too much time buying things and setting up or you can make costly mistakes. Start on a project and be led by what you need for it. Dennis.

Many thanks for reading & replying. On the whole I buy stuff as I work out what I need - though the Dremel unused for 2 years shows I dont' always stick to that..... but it's going to be used this afternoon for sanding / polishing

Thanks, Hal

Hello, looking forward to seeing some makes

Welcome Hal!!
    I'm not far from you, I got hooked many years ago!! Look forwards to seeing some of your work and hopefully helping with a few questions