Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Class Project Last term. The Sequel.

That's really pretty Dennis, it would be lovely for a dressing table.

I noticed your gift album and had been meaning to ask how you made your origami bird. I ask because a while ago I "accidentally" bought PMC paper, rather than regular PMC, not being able to make what I wanted I researched what it is for and the answer - mainly origami. But then I found u can't torch fire it so had to give up and send it back!

Which is a long way of asking was that how your bird was made?

Faith

Thank you Fay. This is the link to my origami bird nest thread: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...hlight=origami.

The paper bird was deconstructed and made by scoring and folding in four parts: the combined wings, the tail, the neck and the head. Then they were then assembled and soldered onto a post which was inserted into a tube in the tray. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g5 Origami2.jpg   g6 Faux Origami For Metal2.jpg  

Thanks Dennis, ah I see, he doesn't look like he's made of so many parts, very well executed!

I'm still tempted to try the PMC paper method one day, bit of a cheat I know but I think it might be quite a satisfying project!

Faith