Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competition to win a pair of Lindstrom pliers

Red face Competition to win a pair of Lindstrom pliers

I have recently re-launched my website and am promoting my new supply of Trinity Brass Co (tm) findings by asking people to join my site and create a piece of jewellery using some of the items available via my website. Other products sourced from elswhere can also be used but the main emphasis should be on using brass to create an authentic vintage look.
    The prize will be a top of the range pair of LINDSTROM pliers.....not to be sniffed at!
    So, first you have to join my site...then wait until I email the full details in a day or so.....then get making!

Ooops! Forgot to post the link: http://www.beadybeauties.com
    Last edited by Amethystjewellery; 13-09-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: forgot link

I am going crossed-eyed today uploading "stuff" to my website so that I can get the competition up and running. Hopefully lots of people will enter to win the pliers, there will be no charge to enter, but you need to join my site to get the details.

Hi, When I looked earlier I had a lot of problems loading up your pages and there wasn't very much on your store page to make anything with so I think other people may have been a bit confused too about what we were supposed to be making jewellery from. Now I see there are some brass componants coming on so it makes more sense!! You'll have to tell us when you have finished uploading stuff and we can start again!!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 21-09-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Hi, When I looked earlier I had a lot of problems loading up your pages and there wasn't very much on your store page to make anything with so I think other people must have been a bit confused too about what we were supposed to be making stuff from. Now I see there are some brass componants coming on so it makes more sense!! You'll have to tell us when you have finished uploading stuff and we can start again!!
    Oh dear! I don't know what the problem was with loading the pages...gremlins I suppose!
    There are quite a lot of items on there now, but I but I am going to upload some more bits and pieces when my brain stops spinning. Competition will be set up when I have finally got all of the items on the site, phew!

Talking Competition

Hiya again. I have now uploaded most of the items that I have in stock except for the chain and wire.
    Comments on the site would be appreciated and anyone who wants to enter the competition should now join my site to get the information emailed to them, good luck!
    Sheena

Hi Sheena....I hope you don't take offence from any of the following as none of it is said with any unkindness behind it!! It is just a thought or two from someone who has not got a lot of spare cash floating around... If I wasn't looking for a reason at your website I would have been a bit put off by the way you have worded some items on your store page (it looks like you are charging £0.70 for one single 1" headpin , for example). It is only after you click through...which I did eventually (but a lot of people might not)...that you realise it is for 20 pins!! The same applies to some of your other findings...you don't want to scare off your customers before they go through to the next page to find that the prices aren't really inflated!!!

I hope you don't mind me mentioning it...but you did ask!! It could just be the way I am reading it as I am not entirely with it today!! But you don't want to scare people off your site before they even look at your goodies!!

Otherwise...I love the blue colours!! I'm very into blue at the moment. And I am quite taken with the filigree stuff. I've never really thought about brass as a componant before...must get my thinking cap on.
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 21-09-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Hi Barbara....hmmm..I will change the Listing headings to include the fact that headpins, eyepins and jumprings come in packs of 20. The other items are individually priced though and I do suggest that prople email me for combined postage costs for large items such as the jewellery busts (hasn't been a problem up until now )
    Thanks for your input as the glaringly obvious is not always obvious to me....especially after uploading 40+ items to my store.....oh well, onwards and upwards, as they say.

Default Competition Details

Details of how to enter are now on my website.

Don't want to be a pain, but I have something niggling at the back of my mind about competitions. I think you have to publish all sorts of rules and regs and also offer free entries etc etc.

If I recall, it's OK to make it a 'free prize draw'.

Might be worth checking?

I will check it out! Thanks for making me aware that it might not be all right for me to ask people to actually buy one finding from my site. (off to correct the competition listing)
    On a negative train of thought now....
    You know, I am beginning to wonder why I am holding this comp. at all because people are so suspicious of anything nowadays. O.K. - it is a marketing exercise on my part to drive people to look at my new-ish website and to perhaps click on the buy button, but it is also a genuine competition to encourage people to think outside the box and use something that they may not have tried before - brass.