Thread: Sizing for spinner ring

Default Sizing for spinner ring

This may be a stupid question , but is there a way to measure the size of the ring that spins when making a spinner ring? Mine always seems to be a bit hit and miss !

I make the base ring then use a plastic ring gauge to measure for the spinner ring.
    I make it slightly small then stretch to the required size- I use a ring stretcher but you can use a ring mandrel and tap it down if you don't have one.

Thanks very much .... Never even thought of that ... Common sense

They are generally thin so easy to stretch- just keep popping it on and off until you get it exactly as you want it

Saw a couple of you tube videos that were adding this and multiplying that , math not my strong point ..... so carried on wrapping wire around the ring to get the size and using guess work , but finding a lot of the time I was making the spinning ring too big ......... I have a plastic ring gauge and never even thought of doing that ..

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Saw a couple of you tube videos that were adding this and multiplying that , math not my strong point ..... so carried on wrapping wire around the ring to get the size and using guess work , but finding a lot of the time I was making the spinning ring too big ......... I have a plastic ring gauge and never even thought of doing that ..
    Maria, first there is no such thing as a stupid question. Second, 100% agree with Engima. You can also visit your local university or college and use a 3d printer to create a proper demo / prototype of your spinner ring. Any student would love to show it.