Thread: Hello from Somerset!

Default Hello from Somerset!

Hello everyone!
    I'm quite new to the forum thing but it's come in handy looking for help and ideas previously when I've googled things, so I thought I would join it. I thought I'd introduce myself
    I'm an aircraft engineer by trade and needed a hobby, I love jewellery so silversmithing seemed the logical choice. I did a course at the beginning of the year and learnt the basics. Since then I have been trying out new things, making mistakes and practicing.
    I love working with silver and I've recently been working with silver clay which is a lot of fun. I've just received a kiln for Christmas so lots of enamelling to do in the new year!
    Anyway, I look forward to gaining some knowledge and inspiration

Louise
    Last edited by LHarper; 29-12-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Hi Louise!

Nice to meet you, I'm new around here too but everyone seems very friendly. What a great present to get! Haven't ever tried enamelling before but it's definitely something I hope to get round to trying one day. I work with silver clay a lot too but also bronze and iron clay as it's quite a bit cheaper!

Carina x

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of helpful and friendly advice
    I still haven't got round to delving into enamelling although its definitely on my 'to do one day when I have time' list.