Thread: Hello from Carina from Berkshire.

Default Hello from Carina from Berkshire.

Hi everyone. I've joined this forum hoping to meet some other like minded folk and to pick some brains for a bit of advice, but thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself first!

I'm Carina and I've recently started making metal clay jewellery in my spare time after a ten year break. I did an art degree in which I did a bit of jewellery making and kept telling myself I'd go back to it when I had a bit of time (ie retirement!) but when I turned thirty I realised how silly that was so bought a kiln and haven't looked back since!

I try to set aside time to make jewellery even if it's just an hour each week. I'm currently experimenting with dichroic glass and photopolymer plates to use in my designs and also enjoy working with resin.

Anyway it's nice to meet you all!

Hi Carina, and welcome to the forum.

This place is a great resource, and full of generous, friendly and knowledgable people so I'm sure you'll enjoy it as I do.

Nick

Hi Carina, always good to introduce yourself as we are generally a nosy bunch!
    Don't know a great deal about working in clay but there are a few people on here who will surface again after they have recovered from their hectic Christmas
    Last edited by CJ57; 28-12-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Dennis.

Welcome to the forum. Clay ... hmmm I'm interested, but somehow find myself some imagination / inspiration for that!

Hi, I am new myself but welcome anyway ^^

Its good that since jewellery is such a wide field everyone has knowledge in different area's. Since my basis is from a very traditional jewellers I know next to nothing about glass or clay so I look forwards to learning something.

Welcome Carina.
    Ive not worked with metal clay but have seen some really lovely pieces using it.
    Last edited by enigma; 29-12-2016 at 12:31 AM.