Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hello, I was an apprentice pattern maker when I left school, something I didn't entirely follow through on as I got side tracked into a retail jeweller doing repairs and then into pawnbroking. So I haven't really don't much more than soldering a jump ring (aside from the chess set I made) in the last 20 years but the desire has come for me to make something again, maybe some cufflinks or something I just haven't decided yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120917_09_16_3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	9709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120917_09_16_1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	9710

I have just a few apprentice pieces floating around in a tin (which I was charged heavily for when I left the firm) but these are the two I was most proud of. The peg set cluster has so many solder joins so close together that I remember getting a bit annoyed with one claw falling off as I soldered another. The coronet cluster was my favourite though, I enjoyed anything using a saw...making name plates, initial rings or piercing out for stones.

Hi Davey. Welcome to the forum. Stay and chat to us and make a few pieces for therapy. No boss looking over you shoulder and moaning now. Dennis.