Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa and Jewellery tools anyone?

Default Santa and Jewellery tools anyone?

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas yesterday, and curious to hear if you all got at least one jewellery making related tool on your pressies list?

I was lucky enough to get a Durston deluxe disc cutter which was very gratefully recieved although I've not yet had chance to use it.

What about the rest of you?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas yesterday, and curious to hear if you all got at least one jewellery making related tool on your pressies list?

I was lucky enough to get a Durston deluxe disc cutter which was very gratefully recieved although I've not yet had chance to use it.

What about the rest of you?

Nick
    Nothing too fancy ... a multi-compartment plastic box for keeping my rough rocks in order and a hand-held 24 led torch for lighting the cuts. That had me foxed for a while since one of the imprints of the battery directions was wrong... a torch and a puzzle all in one!

I wonder if their returns department has worked it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    Nothing too fancy ... a multi-compartment plastic box for keeping my rough rocks in order and a hand-held 24 led torch for lighting the cuts. That had me foxed for a while since one of the imprints of the battery directions was wrong... a torch and a puzzle all in one!

I wonder if their returns department has worked it out yet?

That said, I did buy myself a facetter before christmas, so I don't feel hard done by.

I bought myself a Smiths little torch, does that count? lol
    I absolutely love it, fantastic piece of kit.

My present to myself would have been the hammer attachment for my Foredom Micromotor but as you know that fell through so it may still be my present once I find a supplier!

Sutton tools for that Caroline. I got mine from them.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Sutton tools for that Caroline. I got mine from them.

Nick
    Thanks Nick I think we did this when I had my initial moan and they don't keep Micromotor attachments. Peter gave me a possible contact which I'll investigate after the holidays

I think, Caroline, that any dealer who is an official distributor of Foredom stuff will be able to order in what you want. Suttons and Walshs have ordered items in for me in the past that were not listed for sale on their website/ in their catalogue.

Hi all,

I got this little puppie under the tree:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3132.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	9697

I was even more pleased given that my other half had ordered one a while ago, only to be told that the supplier had got their stock inventory wrong and had to cancel the order. At the last minute we found another one tho .

I did check for you btw Caroline, having read your post, but they had no hammer action handpieces I'm afraid.

Other than setting it up I haven't had a chance to have a proper play yet, but I am really quite excited

Faith

I was lucky enough to get a Proxxon pillar drill and a bench guillotine from my lovely man. Mum has told me to order something but she won't tell me how much I can spend so I'll have to wait for that!