Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final polishing buff

Yes I forgot to mention that Dennis.
    You put me onto them when I was having the 'Flat Finish' problem.
    I still use them often but I've found that a final buffing usually with the WHR mop and Menzerna M5 gives that extra bit of Lustre.
    Incidentally do you wash your Micromesh sheets out when they look clogged? I did think about putting them in the ultrasonic to shake the clogging free

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    So will you be posting the photo for us Caroline?? I'm sure we could all learn something about protective clothing...... go on!

T
    I think I probably posted it once on my FB page. At least there is no bare skin so no one would recognise me anyway!
    Maybe one day when I don't look like some sort of bag lady

I'll share my flat finish in the meantime, although I can see the odd flecks of firestain on one of them which will need a bit more attention
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1429.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	9692
    Last edited by CJ57; 23-12-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Incidentally do you wash your Micromesh sheets out when they look clogged? I did think about putting them in the ultrasonic to shake the clogging freeTim
    No, generally I just use them as a finer grade, but that's because I'm Lazy. You could of course put them into a dark wash and see what happens. Dennis.

I use the everflex rubber burrs, the 20 series are good for flat surfaces, certainly work much better for me than when I tried to do it by hand.
    That doesn't of course mean its *better* as I know others get a fantastic finish by hand but I could never master it.
    I find that is I get a really good finish with those then any polish will do really.

I used a woolen mop with fine rouge, on the inside of the rings I used cotton wool wound onto the spindle with fine red

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk