Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repousse

As Dennis mentioned earlier, I used lead blocks for some metal shaping when I am making flower and leaf shapes, see;http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4802

I also use pitch sometimes when making deeper items. After using a gentle heat to remove any pitch from the article after chasing it, I will leave it to soak in a jar of Polyclens paint brush cleaner and this will remove most of the pitch residues.

James

Maybe I will give lead a go I have about 50 kilos of it, and I'm not going with a deep design

This was all shaped up on my lead block. The photo shows my design, the copper patterns I made to get an idea of the shapes required and the final gold flower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30n- Dog rose sheet.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	9663

James

If those shapes can be produced on lead then I should be fine, I just need to borrow some of your many years experience, I can see myself producing a fair bit of scrap copper, during the
    process.

I made a simple leaf on a lead block as per James' instructions and it worked out really well.
    It depends how tricky the shapes you want are I guess, this is making me want to get the block out and play again though!

Ok I'll come clean I am making or attempting to make a Justitia (Lady Justice) pendant/ Broach for a friend of mine who is a Justice Of the Peace. I decided to make the dress separately to give it more of a 3d look the sword and scales are pretty straight forward so we will see how I go

If it works I will post the pics if not I will just go and hide in a corner some where