Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think real photo of Digital Render ?

Ha ha, brilliant. That's shopped some of us too. But then, Conan Doyle believed in fairies. Dennis

The best current 3d softwares include very good rendering addons. The final result is generally is displayed on a white background (mostly because marketplaces ask to do so).

The challenge here was to create a very realistic rendering on a picture background, only a human can do.

I think it s a smart move, because the future of online business is in mobile applications (like instagram). Rendering will be more and more important to capture attention, and the tiny details than can indicate it s a rendering, can be consider as one of the many filters you have in Instagram. So, it s not even a flow.

Perfect job, you're definitely a step beyond.
    He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the castle of aaauuuggghhh...
    http://plasmeo.com | uncomplete
    http://facebook.com/plasmeo

I ended up casting it in 18ct yellow gold as well as a silver one for comparison, I think its going to be a pain to clean up with all the detail wish me luck !

You have a compressor I believe josef, so a blasting unit would make short work of that, followed by a wet and soapy brass brush. It would be a perfect studio piece, without going for the fine jewellery finish. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-12-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Hmm. Materials settings of matte gold and excessive use of gaussian blur

I could see that one was going to be fun. I think I'd be using scrapers (possibly even hisage) & scorpers for the cleanup, especially at the scale junctions.

As Peter says, I would also use scorpers and scrapers to clean off any casting residues, I could also use my hammerhead attachment on my pendant drill to add any textures required before a final polish up using my scratch brush unit running a brass brush with running soapy water dripping on the piece while polishing.

My scratch brush unit for those who haven't seen one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	365 Scratch brush unit.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	9627

James