Thread: Smith regulator connecting problem

Default Smith regulator connecting problem

Hi all please help.

I purchased a smith little torch and im going to use a disposable gas bottle, and an oxygen compensator.
    I have purchased a Smith propane regulator for deposable fuel cylinders, i had to purchase it from America because i couldn't find one in the uk, so being the case, the regulator has the American gas thread on it's outlet. 9/16-18 b type thread
    My smith little torch has English BSP tail connectors on the hose ends.

does anybody know where i can purchase a uk to American gas thread converter connector, so i can connect my American regulator to the British tail ends on the smith torch ?

below is my regulator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberweld_2269_5130637.gif 
Views:	19 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	9608

Hi, most members are now furiously working at their seasonal orders, so if you get no answers hers you could phone Cookson, or Tufnell Glass http://www.tuffnellglass.com/contents/en-uk/p1372.html
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna6573 View Post
    Hi all please help.

I purchased a smith little torch and im going to use a disposable gas bottle, and an oxygen compensator.
    I have purchased a Smith propane regulator for deposable fuel cylinders, i had to purchase it from America because i couldn't find one in the uk, so being the case, the regulator has the American gas thread on it's outlet. 9/16-18 b type thread
    My smith little torch has English BSP tail connectors on the hose ends.

does anybody know where i can purchase a uk to American gas thread converter connector, so i can connect my American regulator to the British tail ends on the smith torch ?

below is my regulator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberweld_2269_5130637.gif 
Views:	19 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	9608
    There's also this company:
    http://www.rapidwelding.com/dynamic/...o=0&zl=2&sq=16
    Try giving them a ring if you can't find what you need on their site. I bought my regulator from them.