Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Seaweed

Default Silver Seaweed

Okay guys - thinking caps on. I want to make seaweed connectors for a necklace I have in mind. the connectors need to connect between wrapped-loop beads (or jump ring) and double leather thong. The scanner is broken, so I can't draw what I mean at the moment.

I can work in silver clay or silver using basic jewellery techniques.

The seaweed needs to be fairly understated as I don't want it to 'take-over' the design. If it helps, I want to make a rock-pool themed necklace using these beads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
    Di x

Hi Di, I dont have an idea for you Im afraid as I am too new at all of this but I just wanted to say those beads are gorgeous! Hope you get some help soon

I think I might make lots of silver wire pieces balled on each end and then solder them together randomly, two or three at a time and then bend and hammer them to give the impression of seaweed. Then I'd drill a hole through the hammered bit of each one and thread it between the beads. Don't know if it would work but you could just try doing one and see(weed).

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I think I might make lots of silver wire pieces balled on each end and then solder them together randomly, two or three at a time and then bend and hammer them to give the impression of seaweed. Then I'd drill a hole through the hammered bit of each one and thread it between the beads. Don't know if it would work but you could just try doing one and see(weed).
    Ah, thanks Carole. I was thinking 'wire' and 'ball' but I hadn't taken the idea that step further - which is what your experience and craftsmanship brings to the party.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. We're out with the camera today but tomorrow is looking promising. Will let you know how it goes.

Di x

I always liked the look of those pods on Bladderwrack which could be made with PMC or perhaps those mermaids purses which I know isn't seaweed but I have seen some copper jewellery recently with a passing resemblance to these and it looked wonderful

Absolutely beautiful beads though!!

yes - I love bladderwrack. Actually, since I've put my mind to it there are a number of ways it could be done - I was just so blinded by fear at what I was contemplated that I couldn't think straight!

I have just been sitting doing some chain maille for a commission (something I swore I would never do) and, I think (deep breath here) that I might have got it!
    Di x

How about some reticulated wire? And those beads are gorgeous.
    Linda

yes they are gorgeous - but not as gorgeous as this! Rock Pool (funnily enough) from this lady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rock pool.jpg  
    Di x

I love Annelyse's beads - I have (ahem) one or two of them in my stash....

She's an absolutely sweetie too

I ordered another set in the week too Port Skerra. I haven't go them yet but they've moved from her site.

Her beads are stunning - the colours are so clear and the layers and hidden bits and pieces... I am hooked I think
    Di x