Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Seaweed

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    What's the problem with the workbench Su? Is it space, time or cash? My DH made mine and it didn't cost a bomb.
    I have a few hurdles - i have a lovely bedroom that is "empty" with a large east facing window and a small south facing one. But it was vacated my my middle son, who has still yet to clear it, despite me asking virtually every week.

Then the cost - unfortunately i dont have such an obliging hubby, he is too busy fishing to do anything for me, so i have to save up for one that i can just put together and shve in the room without having to ask for his help.

I also have been tryin to build up my wire stock and tools stc, which immediately comes from the bit i have saved for the workbench. Me thinks its all gonna be a slow process, if i was successful and showed my stuff and people wanted to buy it, he would probably be more helpful, but as i shy away from stalls and things with all my craft stuff, i am kinda up the creek without a paddle lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

The 13th is a free Ebay listing day, why not test the water, you only pay anything if it sells
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

omg i have never sold anything on e-bay! I dont even know where to start!, i only have a couple of bits to sell jewellery wise, my main "stock" is candles and cards, god i am a scaredy cat
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Su' it is very very easy. If I can help just PM me
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    aren't they gorgeous tho
    they sure are but really really shouldent have bought anything if OH sees them i will blame it all on you Di oh and the drink

Why not go on freecycle Su and see if you can get a couple of kitchen base units and a piece of worktop. Just leave a gap between them for your knees. You can get clamp on bench pegs and voila! As for your son's stuff, just put it in bin bags. If he's anything like mine, he'll never get around to clearing it. Tell him it's all going to the charity shop!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Why not go on freecycle Su and see if you can get a couple of kitchen base units and a piece of worktop. Just leave a gap between them for your knees. You can get clamp on bench pegs and voila! As for your son's stuff, just put it in bin bags. If he's anything like mine, he'll never get around to clearing it. Tell him it's all going to the charity shop!
    lmao have you seem how much stuff is in that room??

I have thought about making my own if i can make it steady enough, but i cant do anything til there is a room to put it on. I already have a clamp on bench peg and a baby vice with a 360 spin to make it user friendly, just need to have something to atttach it to lol

It will all happen in time, i am just impatient to have somewhere to lay everything out instead of having to box everything up each time and carry it back to the spare room. As much as i like everything to be in its own cubby hole, it take much longer to pack fully away as i wrap everything so that they dont rub together in the toolbox and everything takes time

I spose i have to prove myself to him.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    lmao have you seem how much stuff is in that room??
    There's nothing like the threat of losing ones stuff to a charity shop or e-bay to give one the enthusiasm one needs to get ones arse in gear and shift ones stuff :lol:

Many is the time I came home from school and found my stuff in black bags after my mother cleaned my room for me needless to say I managed to find the time to empty the bags and put my stuff away before the dreaded day came, it's amazing the amount of stuff a single bloke can amass that seems important at the time. Luckily the Mrs has shown me the error of my ways and now we both keep our stuff to a minimum...
    Goodbye

Do you think I could borrow your Mrs to show my son the error of his ways - he is driving me bonkers on the bedroom-mess front
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

lol! My son's been gone three years and his stuff's still in bags, apart from the stuff I really did take to the charity shop. He was home last weekend and rather annoyed that I didn't still have his suit that he'd grown out of and has now grown back into!