Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Australia

You two are corresponding over a multi K mile link, when probably you live in the same street.
    But no, most of us buy precious metal from Cookson and complaints are rare. Dennis.

Ah yes the internet, not quite next door about 1,000 km A&E in Australia are a premium supplier, if they are at fault I'm not at all surprised they are going to replace it
    they have exelent service

Yes bob they do have great service. While people are on this thread i thought i will ask everyones opinions. Should i get a apprenticeship? I am working with a jeweller and he is teaching me as he would an apprentice( he can't put me on as an apprentice as he is sick and not to well. But i just wont get a certificate. He is saying that learning at my own pace and learning what i need to each day is better then getting an apprenticeship. What do you think. Do people value a certificate? Do they care? As long as you do good work is this all that matters? (I've never heard anyone walking into a jewellery shop and ask to see your qualification but im sure theres someone who has )And does anyone know is i can still get a certificate after a certain number of hours working at the bench ? By the way he was self taught and he even taught michael hitcock who now has many stores around queensland and probably in other states too. Any thoughts are appreciated as im stuck on what to do.
    Thanks, Nicolas

If you are going to run you own business or work as a hobbyist a apprenticeship would not be that important, if you wish to work for a employer then the apprenticeship is more relevant
    as it tells the employer that you have or should have the required skills he is looking for.

Thanks bob i think i will keep going the way i am at the moment.