Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Australia

Hello Nicolas - welcome to the forum!
    Sally

Thanks everyone for saying hi. Im sure i will meet alot of talented people here and will be able to learn heaps from everyone. Sorry for the late reply im a bit confused on how to use this forum ( i think i worked it out now ). The timezones are different as well so that just makes it more confusing. Thanks again for saying hi everyone

The time zones are easy they are all just waking up and we are all getting ready for bed

Thanks china that makes it a bit easier. I have a few questions for you that is only relivent in Australia so i will pm you later if thats ok.

I wouldn't worry about what time you post. We are never all on at the same time and some of us are late night/early morning peeps and some are early risers. Your post will be read at some point but it's getting into the C word rush and people are busy so quieter on here at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I have a few questions for you that is only relivent in Australia so i will pm you later if thats ok.
    We have possums here too you know, Nicolas.

Yes but not wombats or platypus I was meaning i have to talk to him about Australian supply companies for precious metals. The company i brought from recently had little bits of steel mixed with the silver making it impossible to file or cut out once cast.

Hi Nicolas, when I buy metal in Australia I use A&E metals or Peter W Beck, I would be very surprised if either of these would supply contaminated metal I have never had any issues over many years these two companies supply many of the hi end Jewellers.

Hi china ( i dont know your name sorry). I have been buying through a and e metals. I recently brought gold from them and the copper kept coming to the surface. I put boric acid on it, after heating put it in sulphuric acid. I did everything right and it still did this. The only way this could be removed is with a abrasive which made the gold very thin. I sent it to them and they had a look at it and they are sending me a new piece. The jeweller i work with had never had this happen to him either. I dont know if its the design of the piece that it got overheated or the gold has more copper content then the other alloys. They must think its the gold if theyre sending me a new piece.

Hi Nicolas (My name is Bob) interesting in all the time I have been melting precious metal it has never happened to me I mainly cast ingots I very very rarely cast jewelley pieces, the fact that they are going to replace the metal suggests they think something is amiss, some one else on the forum may have experienced this