Thread: Part drilled briolettes

Default Part drilled briolettes

I have just spent an exciting few days in London and,among other things,saw some really pretty little part drilled briolette drops, and in my excitement bought them - now that I have brought home my booty, I realise that I have no idea how to fix them to anything! Can anyone enlighten me please? I really would prefer not to use glue if that's possible.

Not sure if this will help: http://www.briolettes.com/b_setting.htm

The neck of the briolette is already quite weak, particularly if the hole is not quite central, so fixing in a snug but not tight metal post with clear glue is the ideal treatment.

There are all sorts of opinions on this, but using five minute Devcon, applied to the hole with a saw blade is unhurried but gives a reasonably quick result.

I do one at a time only and hold the post in place for a minute or so until the glue has stiffened, because trapped air sometimes tends to push it out again if you let go too early.

This example actually shows the posts fixed in, but they can be hidden under a solid cap. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black & White Briolettes.jpg  

Thanks so much guys,
    Amazon have the glue Dennis, so its already in my shopping basket.

I had a great few days in London - visited Ward's, Marcus McCallum, Bellore and went to the Make Your Mark event at Goldsmiths Hall. That Hall is so grand! Listened to a talk by the MD of Boodles and another from the Assay Office, all really interesting. The Assay office are currently offering free laser hallmark registration - great offer - (kicking myself as last year they also offered free punch hallmark registration too apparently), but they ended up making so very many punches and then not getting any business from them, so not offering that this year. My preference would have been a punch, but thinking about it - the laser mark is probably more suited to my little silver bits and pieces, and very adaptable as the size can be adjusted to suit the item. Didn't have time to visit the Goldsmith Centre, which was a shame as they have an enamelling exhibition on at the moment, hay ho - another time maybe.

Thanks again
    Sue