Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition November 2016 - Autumn

Hoping this fits the Autumn theme...a Moongazing Hare pendant. Reticulated silver moon has a little copper hare gazing up at it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beadjoux View Post
    Hoping this fits the Autumn theme...a Moongazing Hare pendant. Reticulated silver moon has a little copper hare gazing up at it.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/582b5806...20%281%29.jpg?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadjoux View Post

The left part of the pendant looks like a face

Quote Originally Posted by sam.k View Post
    The left part of the pendant looks like a face
    Oooh, it does! I never spotted that!

Quote Originally Posted by sam.k View Post
    This is my entry, this is an ammolite and sterling pendant.
    Inspired by falling Autumn leaves. The veins in the stone look just like a fallen leaf.
    The bail was left big in hope it would make the pendant move a bit.

This is beautiful! What a gorgeous stone, and lovely setting

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    hellooooo

it has been a while since I was last here. I have now moved house, and nearly settled in. Studio will be coming next! In the interim, I have purloined my son's bedroom (well he is away at uni) as a makeshift studio and have created this for Autumn. I had a rake in my new garden, old and forlorn, and so much ivy -clearing some of it up has been a task, but also inspiration. Added the second photo with the darkened rake.

Attachment 9561

Attachment 9562
    Gorgeous, what an unusual design, I love it! How did you make the leaves?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

thank you very much Julie.

I draw them, one at a time on some sheet metal, as each leaf is different on the vines I use for inspiration (they are soooo different, but similar! lol) Depending on size of leaf, I can go down to .5mm thickness of sheet metal.

Each one is individually sawn out, then filed either with a needle file or sometimes with an abrasive silicone wheel.

I solder a wire stem, then solder that to a wire vine (them bigger the vine, the more I will drill into the thicker wire to embed the wire together).

Once pickled, I file some more and then using my square engraver, add central and radial veins. I then use my half round to create the feeder veins. It takes a long, long time. Sometimes, I create pieces without the stem and just place them on to a design. But I do like the little stems, I also really like soldering, so find it a pleasure to make them.

many thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    thank you very much Julie.

I draw them, one at a time on some sheet metal, as each leaf is different on the vines I use for inspiration (they are soooo different, but similar! lol) Depending on size of leaf, I can go down to .5mm thickness of sheet metal.

Each one is individually sawn out, then filed either with a needle file or sometimes with an abrasive silicone wheel.

I solder a wire stem, then solder that to a wire vine (them bigger the vine, the more I will drill into the thicker wire to embed the wire together).

Once pickled, I file some more and then using my square engraver, add central and radial veins. I then use my half round to create the feeder veins. It takes a long, long time. Sometimes, I create pieces without the stem and just place them on to a design. But I do like the little stems, I also really like soldering, so find it a pleasure to make them.

many thanks again.
    I must get some gravers and start learning how to use them! I've made fold-form leaves and am adept at that now, so ready for a new skill. I just love this piece! 😄

Hey everyone! Haven't been very active on the forum lately but figured i should get back into it by posting my earrings for the competition
    I have been studying in Barcelona now for over a month the Anticlastic technique and wanted to share my copper earrings. I know it is a bit of a stretch and there are amazing posts here but i think copper is an autumn color.. good luck to everyone!!! 😄

Btw the photo was taken in Toledo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk