Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition November 2016 - Autumn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Theme Competition November 2016 - Autumn

Hello all,

The clocks have gone back an hour and the leaves are falling from the trees - Autumn has certainly arrived!

We want to see your AUTUMN themed designs this month, and our favourite will win a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

Simply submit an image of your piece on this thread by midnight, 30th November to enter.

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight GMT 30.11.16.

The judging will take place on 01.12.16. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 02.12.16. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the value of £100 excluding VAT) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner information email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the value of £100 (excluding VAT), the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for it to be included in any marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw, and for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery associated with this competition is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals Ltd reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals Ltd, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

This is my entry, this is an ammolite and sterling pendant.
    Inspired by falling Autumn leaves. The veins in the stone look just like a fallen leaf.
    The bail was left big in hope it would make the pendant move a bit.

Hi everyone,

We have received our first entry to this month's competition and can't wait to see what else is in store!

Remember to submit your Autumn themed designs by midnight, 30th November and you could win.

Best of luck

Jen

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

hellooooo

it has been a while since I was last here. I have now moved house, and nearly settled in. Studio will be coming next! In the interim, I have purloined my son's bedroom (well he is away at uni) as a makeshift studio and have created this for Autumn. I had a rake in my new garden, old and forlorn, and so much ivy -clearing some of it up has been a task, but also inspiration. Added the second photo with the darkened rake.

Attachment 9561

Attachment 9562
    Last edited by Wallace; 07-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Loving both entries. The ammolite is a beautiful colour and the rake is fab, especially with the leaves on it. ; I hope your move went smoothly Wallace with not too many breakages. Good luck with the studio.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Loving both entries. The ammolite is a beautiful colour and the rake is fab, especially with the leaves on it. ; I hope your move went smoothly Wallace with not too many breakages. Good luck with the studio.
    thank you Jules - only one thing was broken (but easily sorted) lost a studio box! still haven't found it! Fingers crossed with the studio - I have my first student already booked!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    hellooooo

it has been a while since I was last here. I have now moved house, and nearly settled in. Studio will be coming next! In the interim, I have purloined my son's bedroom (well he is away at uni) as a makeshift studio and have created this for Autumn. I had a rake in my new garden, old and forlorn, and so much ivy -clearing some of it up has been a task, but also inspiration. Added the second photo with the darkened rake.

Attachment 9561

Attachment 9562
    Gorgeous, what an unusual design, I love it! How did you make the leaves?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

thank you very much Julie.

I draw them, one at a time on some sheet metal, as each leaf is different on the vines I use for inspiration (they are soooo different, but similar! lol) Depending on size of leaf, I can go down to .5mm thickness of sheet metal.

Each one is individually sawn out, then filed either with a needle file or sometimes with an abrasive silicone wheel.

I solder a wire stem, then solder that to a wire vine (them bigger the vine, the more I will drill into the thicker wire to embed the wire together).

Once pickled, I file some more and then using my square engraver, add central and radial veins. I then use my half round to create the feeder veins. It takes a long, long time. Sometimes, I create pieces without the stem and just place them on to a design. But I do like the little stems, I also really like soldering, so find it a pleasure to make them.

many thanks again.

Love, love, love those ivy leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by SandieB View Post
    Love, love, love those ivy leaves!
    thank you very much Sandie, I loved making them