Thread: Mini clamps

Default Mini clamps

Hey there,

Some of my designs require holes drilled in precise places (same precise places) through multiple sheets of silver. I've been thinking about how to make this work better and I thought mini g clamps might do it if they exist? Otherwise I figured I might be able to make my own if I can figure out how to do the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    Hey there,

Some of my designs require holes drilled in precise places (same precise places) through multiple sheets of silver. I've been thinking about how to make this work better and I thought mini g clamps might do it if they exist? Otherwise I figured I might be able to make my own if I can figure out how to do the thread.
    Check out Toolmakers parallel clamps Kathryn, they may suit your needs.

James

Those look just the ticket!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Another low tech way is to glue the sheets together with three or four small dots of superglue. After drilling the sheets are easily separated with not much heat from a torch and the glue burns away cleanly. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Another low tech way is to glue the sheets together with three or four small dots of superglue. After drilling the sheets are easily separated with not much heat from a torch and the glue burns away cleanly. Dennis.
    Wow that is genius also! Although when I told my partner he pointed out I was banned from using super glue after an especially ridiculous incident at uni involving a sofa, throw, phone and cracked super glue tube. Resulting in many holes and a bad headache and my mum using me as a cautionary tale for generations of technology and graphics students

I'm planning on ignoring the ban will any glue called superglue work or do you need a particular kind?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Any superglue will do Kathryn and if you don't let any go astray there is not much drama involved.
    I should mention though that for best results the drill must be perfectly vertical. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 26-10-2016 at 02:32 PM.