Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerald cut emerald halo split shank Pavé ring

Nice job.
    Got a pile of setting work to get through for the end of the week - mostly flush setting, more's the pity.

That's so amazing it looks like costume jewellery! Have you got a movie-star lined up for that?

Fantastic finish Josef! Looks like an expensive emerald too.

Thanks for the positive feed back

I thought I would carry on here rather than start a new thread (If mods want to split it thats cool) as the next project is a similar sort of idea. I have done the CAD and some renders so far its a nice 10 x 8 mm amethyst again in a 'cut down set' halo with split shoulders and 'cut down' set side stones plenty of setting to get stuck into ! . I think it will be in white gold but maybe red gold will have to see ?

I re rendered in rose gold I think maybe the colour looks a bit to 'rosey' but im sure you get the idea, not sure which I prefer ?

Looks great Josef!
    Are all the holes for the diamonds in place when it comes out of casting?
    I presume there is still quite a bit of work involved in cutting out before setting?

I just cut them out like that for the rendering, when I print the model it will just have 'dimples' to use as a guide to where I need to set the stones.It means I can do the setting out for the stones in cad. If the model is made with all the cut outs in they are really hard to clean up etc and I think it just looks better if you cut them all out by hand.
    Last edited by josef1; 06-11-2016 at 07:03 PM.

The ring ready for printing. I have cast it in one peice because there will be enough room to get inside the head to clean it up. You can see the marks where the stones will go

I have cast the ring its in white gold the colours on the picture look a bit off because I trid to make the brighter in the photobucket editing thingymabob and got a bit carried away, If you look you can see the 'grow lines' from the 3d printing process. I cast in one part because I designed the ring so I will be able to get in and polish it all properly, guess I will find out if that works out soon !