Thread: Re-registering with a different assay office

Default Re-registering with a different assay office

HI, I haven't posted in here in ages, so hello again

I'm currently registered with the London assay office to which I post my packets, but my husband is looking at moving jobs soon to Birmingham and will be quite close to the jewellery quarter. So I was thinking it might make sense to change assay offices so that I can send the stuff with him and save on postage. Has anyone done this? Is it a case of paying for a new registration and a new punch to be made or is there some way of transferring the punch over? I had a look on both assay office's websites but couldn't see anything, so will probably email them, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime. The prices look comparable but Birmingham charge extra to set up laser marking which is a bit annoying.

Thanks for any advice

It' a good saving and more secure to take your work in personally. We don't have an authority on this here any more, but my guess is
    that you will have to register from scratch.

I would phone with a list of questions: https://theassayoffice.co.uk/direct-dial. Dennis.

Birmingham are very helpful and are my local assay office. I am registered for laser marking, but if I was to apply again would just ask to have my hallmarking lightly struck. Its perfectly fine and cheaper!

good luck.
    Jules

Thanks both - I will wait until the job is 100% certain and then give them a call. Gives me time to think of everything I want to ask them too. Will bear in mind about the laser marking too, Jules. I often get stuff lasered at the mo but I could probably do without it. And I guess I could always add it on afterwards if I really found I missed it.