Thread: Selling your work

Default Selling your work

I have my jewellery for sale in 5 different galleries/shops and an online shop. I did have 7 however one has closed and the other I took my jewellery out of due to the owner failing to tell me when I had sales!! However I'm finding it so difficult to restock each gallery, so Im wondering how many stockists any of you have, and how you manage to keep restocking? I'm considering stopping another couple of the galleries, and concentrating more on online sales/direct sales. What are your thoughts on this...would be interested to hear your experiences of selling in galleries or shops?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stocking 7 galleries sounds like an awful lot to keep track of and make stock for. As you are already finding it difficult to keep up, I'd consider reducing it to 2-3 and concentrating on driving people to your online presence. I think galleries are good for getting your name out there when you are new etc, but there has to be a balance.

hth xxx
    Jules

Here's an interesting news item on the subject:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38928869
    Not sure why Theresa Nguyen gets so much exposure in the press, but she's obviously doing something right.

As you said that, you have 5 different shops. You can just shift all your stock in one shop if you are having that much of space. For making an online shop there is a need of proper images of products with some description and price of products. You can just go to any of your local retailer or to manufacturer for restocking the products with latest design that are trending in fashion now. Feel free to contact for more queries.

Or I can just ban you immediately, spammer.

Bump for Etsy, I sold my things on there before I invested in my own site. Whilst I found the galleries and small boutique shops were easy enough to see from, there's often more profit to be had from direct sales. Only issue is you will probably have to devote the time you spent stiocking 7 galleries into marketing a website instead!

Another +1 for Etsy here.

I started off on Etsy about 18 months ago and while it took a while to kick off their international presence really helped.

I would still try to keep your items on display elsewhere if you can though as at one point I had all my eggs in the Etsy basket until they changed something that appeared to knock my listings to the bottom of search results which has made me wary of relying solely on them for sales. That being said, without selling items on Etsy I would have given up a long time ago!