Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Sally in Lancashire

Re the wearing of jewellery..it may be that you simply haven't found the right jewellery item or the right metal or the right stone for you. Once you do....

(btw I am in St Annes)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

You might be right Pearlescence - I can mange earrings or a necklace occassionally - but can't cope with anything on my hands or wrists - they just get in the way and I'm always conscious of them limiting even simple activities - like hand washing!

Hi Sally look on the bright side.. (hope I'm not making too big an assumption!) as a lady at least you can model your jewellery.. Lol

I got in to silver while recuperating from an accident and started off mainly bezel setting because it was what I learned first and my partner is a glass fuser so I had a plentiful supply of materials to set..

Unfortunately I had a severe bite from the bug and my savings plan went by the wayside as tools metal gems and stuff gets voraciously hoarded 😆

I don't have sufficient time to produce volumes of work so I indulge myself making only things I like but I feel lucky to have a small but steady sales income.. It takes time.. But jewellery is often a gift or a treat so you can plot your best times to try and sell.. Valentines easter mothers day and Christmas..

I am lucky that we have 2 arts businesses under one roof so we do have a wider base of followers.. But we got that by relentless hammering of Twitter and Facebook and it's paid off well.

I also know a few people who do well out of jewellery parties where they show items and take orders rather than selling from stock..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk