Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition October 2016 - Halloween

That is stunning Lydia - perfect for Halloween!

This is nowhere near as good as the entries seen already but I may as well show you anyway! Sterling silver spiderweb necklace

I love the bat necklace it's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing ring too Lydia! Perfect for the theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very impressed with your soldering - so many fiddly little joins, so close together. If I'd tried the same thing - everything would have either melted or moved out of position - it definitely wouldn't have ended up soldered!
    Sally

I always love seeing the Halloween designs every year! There are some great entries so far, love the spider web. I would like to enter my 'Day of the Dead' Skull, I made it just for fun really - from an old silver spoon I found at a boot sale. I was surprised how nicely it polished up as the old spoon was looking extremely unloved. It is pierced silver with a few brass grommets here and there for accents. Piercing the curved silver was a bit more of a challenge than I thought it would be, for this reason I doubt I want to pierce another spoon anytime soon, but I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sugarskull1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	9491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sugarskull3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	9492

This is such a fun theme, the entries so far are all so cool! I do particularly love the day of the dead spoon (man I want a burrito now, Mexican food cravings). Bat chain is super cool idea and cute. The ring is amazing I love the multi-layers for depth. The double chain in the spider web is really complimented by the double chain bet it looks great on!

I started this a long time ago playing with a design theme I do a lot of (copper wires soldered into holes drilled through silver) but lost heart a little finishing it as I've been told by most people it is creepy. Seeing the theme I decided to embrace the label and create a little Halloween scene for it and take photos. I still like the idea for any day of the year but I so far I'm in the minority!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween-pumpkin-ivy-felt-necklace-scene.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	9496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copper-ball-vines.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	9494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball-copper-threaded-through-pumkin.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	9493
    Last edited by Kathryn Harrison; 22-10-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Hi everyone,

We are loving the Halloween designs that are being submitted - keep them coming!

Remember, there is only a week left to enter this competition so make sure you submit your design soon for the chance to win a £100 shopping spree.

Good luck

Jen

I'm really enjoying the Halloween entries this month, starting with the cute bats, through all the lovely entries

Oooh Lydia, love your entry - deliciously ghoulish, your description/explanation sends shivers down the spine !

I love your spiders web Unhindered, its pretty and delicate and reminds me of cobwebs on frosty days. Very wearable.

Sandra, Your spoon skull is beautiful - lovely piercing.

Kathryn, embrace the creepy! I think your entry is reminiscent of those tim burton films nightmare before Christmas and corpse bride ( I think its the twisted copper bail that makes it so).

Feeling suitably spooked now, Sue

Hehe thanks Joella let's hope my inner creep is satisfied to next Halloween. Do love Halloween, I'm trying to find fill parts to do the baby sticking out the pregnant belly costume this year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder that our frightfully fang-tastic Halloween themed monthly competition ends at midnight tonight - so submit your entry before it's too late!

Best of luck

Jen