Thread: Mordent app not working?

Default Mordent app not working?

The Mordent app isn't working for me, does anybody know of another one that gives shank lengths for different widths and thicknesses of rings please?
    I only use it as a rough guide for making the initial cut but am lost without it as I tend to do 10-20 rings at a time so need something quick and easy.

Hi Sarah,

I use:

Shank length = 3.1416 x ( internal diameter of ring + height of shank material )

And then used to add on the width of my saw blade (as per Cookson description) if I was going to saw through the join.

Its pretty accurate, although u probably don't need to bother with the saw blade part if stretching slightly after.

Faith
    Last edited by Faith; 29-09-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks Faith

I would prefer an app or chart as it would take me a while to do the maths for all the rings at once- not being lazy honest just so pressed for time :/

Do you mean not working as in wrong, or not working as in broken. Is that the app whereby it won't work unless you use capitals, just a thought, I'm at work at the moment so can't check.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

I'm puzzled by that Sarah, but then I dont calculate anything, but just make about a size smaller and stretch.

However Our member Wallace painstakingly came up with this, which was appreciated at the time:

http://www.sleepingdragon.co.uk/uplo...1-3mm_a-z6.pdf

Dennis.

Not a solution, but yes it is the app which requires you to use capital letters in the ring size field, but I checked just now and it's not working for me either - even with capitals.
    There is also a free downloadable chart on the 'at the bench' website run by Andrew Berry.

Perfect thanks Dennis, I did recall you had posted that before but I hadn't saved it and couldn't find it again in a search last night.
    Thanks Trialuser, good to know its not just me its not working for, odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thanks Faith

I would prefer an app or chart as it would take me a while to do the maths for all the rings at once- not being lazy honest just so pressed for time :/
    Oh I see what you mean now - sorry!

Faith

theres a reference sheet on at the bench if that's any help