Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help with silver etching

Inkscape can do full pages with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Inkscape can do full pages with ease.
    i am lost with it how do you import multi images in to a single page please ?

When you create a new document with Inkscape, it creates it as a page (check File->Document Properties). Zooming in & out will show the outline of the full page.
    File->Import to import an existing image file, put the cursor over the object until it changes to show a hand as the cursor, then drag it to where you want it on the page. Scaling can be done using the arrows; if you hold down ctrl & change the size it'll stay in proportion.
    Repeat until the page is filled...

I don't think PnP is available in A4 from memory so you'll need to set the page to US Letter IIRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Making a page to print can be done on PowerPoint. I watched it being done quite easily, but as I had no intention of doing it I did not take in the details. Dennis.
    thank you Dennis

Of course if you get bogged down, you can simply print your images, cut them out and re-paste onto A4 paper as a collage. Then copy onto your PnP with a Lazer printer on 'Best'. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    When you create a new document with Inkscape, it creates it as a page (check File->Document Properties). Zooming in & out will show the outline of the full page.
    File->Import to import an existing image file, put the cursor over the object until it changes to show a hand as the cursor, then drag it to where you want it on the page. Scaling can be done using the arrows; if you hold down ctrl & change the size it'll stay in proportion.
    Repeat until the page is filled...

I don't think PnP is available in A4 from memory so you'll need to set the page to US Letter IIRC?
    Thank you Peter I think I may have illustrator with the cs2 I bought a while ago on the boot sale will have to find it

There's a company that makes a small scale hot press mainly for metal foiling but it's a clamp style mini press rather than the big style in the photo.. I think they are called dragon impress?

Another solution to the pnp dilemma is sign writing vinyl put through a cutter such as the ones made by craftrobo sold in the UK by graphtec. They would certainly cope with the degree of detail in the original post pics (I do mine this way) and as the vinyl is adhesive backed there's no issue of part adhesion.

On the negative side weeding out your waste from the cut can be tedious 😆

Oh and Dennis I 💚💛💜💙 you! I have been sealing. My blanks in parcel tape and suspending them upside down on monofilament over sticks... What a palaver.. 😆 I can't wait to try polystyrene islands!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk