Hello all, I've been away for quite some time but have been gearing up to get back at it again! I moved to a different house just after Christmas last year and it has taken too long to get my workshop back together again, I don't have the same amount of space I had before so it's been a challenge to say the least. But I'm going to work with what I've got and get going, it's been way too long and I'm itching to get creative.

I just had a quick question for a project I've just begun. I am making pendants and giving thought to the bails. (For some reason the bail has been one of my biggest quandaries in jewellery making....) I am able to make my own jump rings and solder them closed, but I'm hoping to figure out a way that still looks decent that doesn't require soldering. It would speed up my project immensely and eliminate that one extra possibility of things going wrong at the last step.

I believe some people just use a thicker wire to create their jump rings if they don't want to solder it, does that work out pretty well? I see there are other sorts of ready-made bails, like snap on or clip on, etc. Does anyone have a favourite non-solder bail method they like to use?