Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What can I use to texture metal in my rolling mill

Thanks for all the tips guys! I am starting to think about synthetic leather, snake and crock after Lydia's gorgeous image using various reptile skin. Do you think the image will transfer with it being squashy?

Also has anyone tried plastic or fabric leaves like the ones you get on artificial flowers?

I have another question (sorry!) On the subject of riveting, could I use copper pins like the ones you buy at b&q for riveting? I guess the copper will be hardened and need annealing first though but those things are cheap as chips and fairly ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Generally I have found that soft plastics do not print well, if at all. However you need to do the experiment to try out the thousands of options.

Copper pins would work for riveting if annealed and made of solid copper. However they might be iron, copper plated, which is no good at all.

An alternative source of copper wire is a metre of earth wire from a local electrical wholesaler, which comes in various thicknesses with many strands. The end of a wire would take more heat to ball it up, but it can be done. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Earth Cable.jpg