Thread: Making it Professional ??

Default Making it Professional ??

Hi everyone,
    I make small jewelry items at home like chains, bracelets, earrings etc. I have professionally learned this jewelry making course. I make and sell them on a small scale to close friend’s and relatives on their request and everyone love it. Recently my husband suggested why not I promote this as a business. I had actually never thought that I could make so much money out of it. But now, the idea seems very interesting to me. I would love to earn more money and help my husband with the household expenses. So, he was saying that I should create some commercials. Since social media is the best way to promote your work these days, I was thinking why not create a small commercial with some jewelry making classes or something similar. My husband has even found a good video commercial company here in Toronto. So I wanted to know your valuable suggestions and thoughts on this? Any tips to keep in mind? Will this help in promoting my work? Many thanks.!!
    Last edited by ps_bond; 09-08-2016 at 05:13 AM.

Here's a thought:

Posting a series of short, zero-relevant-content messages on a series of old threads and then posting a link to an irrelevant company makes you look like a spammer to me. So I've removed the link.

I would say that "professional" video commercials have zero relevance to the vast majority of studio jewellers, either full-time or part-time and for the latter segment they almost certainly represent a non-viable overhead.

On the ball as moderator-supremo as always Peter!

There's room for doubt in some cases, but the pattern is usually quite clear.
    I get irked by the idea that spammers think we're all stupid (it probably shows...)

It does show. But I also get annoyed when people think I'm stupid in any context so carry on being irked
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk