Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expensive packaging

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    What sort of box will your target market want? Are they going to see the box before buying or only when it arrives - ie is it part of the buying process or just something which happens?
    I guess most of my sales will be online so yes, I see your point! Also I have paid more attention to postage costs now regarding depths of boxes so I am pretty much settled on the slim two piece ones.

Potters can do white or black foam to fit their boxes - you have to order it in addition to the cotton wadding, but the wadding is brill for keeping jewellery snug and safe in the post. They also do slim postal boxes and can print your logo on the box. Have never managed to find a "posh" box I actually like as much as the simple card ones

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Potters can do white or black foam to fit their boxes - you have to order it in addition to the cotton wadding, but the wadding is brill for keeping jewellery snug and safe in the post. They also do slim postal boxes and can print your logo on the box. Have never managed to find a "posh" box I actually like as much as the simple card ones
    Thanks Melanie. I think I'm definately going with this idea. Although I did see a customer video on Cookson's black boxes in which he says that he uses a velvet pouch inside. I do quite like the way that looks too.

I use hinged leatherette boxes with my logo on.
    I feel how I present my items is part of my identity and that fits with how I want to identify my brand and it doesn't add much to the finished price.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I use hinged leatherette boxes with my logo on.
    I feel how I present my items is part of my identity and that fits with how I want to identify my brand and it doesn't add much to the finished price.
    Thanks Sarah. I think the fact that I can keep the postage down with a slim two piece box has swung it for me though. I do expect to post the majority of my items.

When I was in France we had a big postal charge difference for anything under 3 cm so i used the slim postal boxes from karinakraft with my logo on , they are pretty good and a good price too