Thread: PMC Ring Moulds

Default PMC Ring Moulds

Morning everyone

Been trawling the net for somewhere I can buy full-ring moulds for PMC. Can only seem to find american stockists and hoping some place surely sells them in the UK ? Just plain, basically the square white contraption where you push the clay into the ring and sandwich it <------ technical term lol.

Any help appreciated, thanx

Don't you need a different mould for every size?

Yes, but even finding a stockist is a start :/

A quick Google has shown US sizes only, so I suspect you may not have much luck. If you know someone with a lathe, you may be able to persuade them to turn some in PTFE but it probably wouldn't be cheap; a 300x300x10mm slab is about £60 to start with.
    If you do go that route, remember to add the shrinkage allowance for the clay you're using on otherwise your carefully sized ring may not be quite right.

Yeah been googling all morning, to no avail. Aware of shrinkage as use PMC quite a lot. Shame no UK market, cld always order american and adapt size with my conversion chart, however, seems too much trouble. Sigh ! Thank you anyway.

Not quite sure I know what you are looking for but could you make one from coolmorph.

Thanks,however wldnt think the material wld withstand high kiln temps and keep shape.